Monday, July 21, 2008

who's in charge?

It's normal for Indian weddings to be planned by the parents. But it's normal for American weddings to be planned by the people getting married (especially the woman). So, what do I do? I don't want to have a "too many cooks spoil the soup" situation. But I also like that I don't have to be responsible for everything myself. On the other hand, I do have a few strong opinions about how I'd like my wedding to be. Being outdoors, for instance, is pretty important to me. Other things don't matter much at all. The difference in assumptions about who's in charge also make it harder to start planning things, because I'm not sure if I should start planning anything.

Speaking of planning, I think right now we are waiting for F's mom to get with the astrology guy and tell us when the engagement and wedding should be. Then we get started for real.

No comments: